Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bend down and listen

I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. Psalm 17: 6 NLT

God is the parent. I am the child. I speak to God because I know that, unlike other adults, God will listen to my words. God will hear what I have to say. And God will answer my questions, give me comfort and help me in my distress.

God will bend down as an adult bends down to be on the child's eye level. God will bend down and see things from my point of view. God may not always agree but God is always available to listen. I don't have to wait for God to finish whatever God may be in the middle of. There is never another conversation that I have to wait to be over before God will talk to me. God is always available and willing to hear me.

Therefore, I will speak to God. I will pray to God. I will pray knowing God hears me and will give me an answer.

God, I am praying to you because I know you will answer. Bend down and listen as I pray! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment