Monday, June 6, 2011

God delights in you.

He reached down from the heavens and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters. He delivered me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me. They attacked me at a moment when I was weakest, but the Lord upheld me. He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me. Psalm 18: 16-19 NLT

God delights in you.

Recently, in my hometown, there have been a series of graffiti on overpasses and buildings that have read: You are beautiful. Of course, the city keeps painting over them and finds them to be a nuisance. But just as soon as one is covered up, another reappears in a different section of town. We all tend to love these beautiful sayings and are disappointed when they are gone. There is something so uplifting in being told you are beautiful. And you don't have to be good looking to be beautiful, either. You can be beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. And guys can be just as beautiful as girls!

Now I wish someone would start putting up graffiti that says: God delights in you.

That would be truly uplifting.

God, you delight in me. You rescued me, you delivered me when I was weak, you upheld me. You have led me to a place of safety. All because you delight in me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment