Friday, June 24, 2011

My rock and redeemer

May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19: 14 NLT

I pray this scripture every Sunday. This is because this is the prayer I pray right before I preach. These aren't just words for me, however. I try to sincerely pray that everything that comes out of my mouth is acceptable to God. I also ask God to work on my thoughts so that even before I speak what is in my heart is also acceptable to God. Then I end by recognizing that it is God who gives me strength, courage and redemption. I stand upon God not on my own two feet.

I suppose I should be praying this prayer every day. Shouldn't my words and thought be acceptable to God all the time, not just in the pulpit?

What about your heart? Your words? Your dependence on God? Does this prayer mean anything to you?

God, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment