Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Strength for Today

God arms me with strength; he has made my way safe. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, leading me safely along the mountain heights. He prepares me for battle; he strengthens me to draw a bow of bronze. Psalm 18: 32 NLT

I love the imagery in this passage! God is providing what the psalmist needs.

God arms him with strength. God makes his way safe. God makes him as surefooted as a deer. God leads him along the mountain heights. God prepares him for battle. God gives him the strength to draw a bow of bronze.

If you have ever been hiking, you may know how treacherous it can be on a path that is high up or very rocky. One misstep can lead to your death or injury. Therefore, you may find yourself panicking or not thinking as clearly. To know that God makes your feet as sure as a deer or even a mountain goal would give you greater confidence.

If you have ever tried to draw a bow, you may understand how hard it is, especially when you have to keep one arm steady while using the other to aim the arrow. I can't imagine an arrow of bronze - that would have to be the hardest of bows to draw. Yet, if God gives you the strength, this too is possible.

What do you need God to give you the strength for today?

God, please arm me with strength. Make me surefooted and strong. Give me confidence and courage. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment