Sunday, June 26, 2011

You have given me my heart's desire

How the king rejoices in your strength, O Lord! He shouts with joy because of your victory. For you have given him his heart's desire; you have held back nothing that he requested. Psalm 21: 1-2 NLT

Psalm 21 seems like the answer to Psalm 20. In the previous psalm, the prayer was for help for the king in a time of need. This psalm seems to be a prayer of thanksgiving for God's answer to that prayer.

What prayers has God answered in your life lately? Have you taken time to thank God for answering your prayer or prayers? What can you say to God about answered prayer?

When I look back over the past two years, I see so many answers to prayer that I could not see the answer to at that time. God didn't always answer my requests the way I wanted them answered nor did God answer them in what I considered a timely fashion. However, they were answered in God's way which was perfect.

I am ashamed to say I have not always given God the thanks for answer those prayers. I would like to do so now. Would you join me?

God, thank you for all your answers to my prayers. I look back and see what wondrous things you have done in response to my cries for help or simply my heart's desires. I know you continue to work in my life and hear my prayers. Thank you, God, thank you! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment