Saturday, July 23, 2011

Declare me Innocent

Declare me innocent, O Lord, for I have acted with integrity; I have trusted in the Lord without wavering. Put me on trial, Lord, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and affections. For I am constantly aware of you unfailing love, and I have lived according to your truth. Psalm 26: 1-3 NLT

The psalmist is pretty confident of their innocence. So much so that they are willing for God to put them on trial and cross examine them, to test their motives. They see themselves as having acted with integrity and living according to God's truth.

This makes us ask ourselves: what motivates me?

If God put me on trial right now, would I come clean?

Or would God find my integrity lacking?

Am I really all that innocent?

Have I trusted God without wavering?

God, I am constantly aware of your unfailing love. Yet, I don't always act according to your truth. Forgive me and help me to live with trust, integrity and truth. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment