Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Looking To God For Help

My eyes are always looking to the Lord for help, for he alone can rescue me from the traps of my enemies. Psalm 25: 15 NLT

My eyes are always looking to the Lord for help.

At least that sounds good here in my devotional. But I know in reality that I am pretty good at looking to myself, my spouse, my church, or my friends for help. Only after casting around for help from another source do I realize that I also need to pray. I should be doing that first before looking for help from other sources.

I am not sure why I don't first cast my cares upon God. I can't give a straight answer to why I don't look to God for help first thing. I'm a Christian and a pastor. My eyes should go to the Lord first.
Do your eyes go to God first for help? Are your eyes always cast toward God when you seek assistance?

God, you alone can rescue us from the traps of our enemies. Yet, we resist looking to you first for help. May we change the way we do things from this day forward. In Jesus' name. Amen.


Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment