Sunday, July 10, 2011

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23 NLT

God has given you everything you need. Can you feel it in your life right now? Even if you are in the darkest valley or sitting across from your enemy, God is treating you as a special guest and a precious lamb. Spend a moment now imagining the rest God is providing for you, the peace God wants you to experience and the love God has for you.

God, you have blessed me. You love me. You treat me as a special guest. May I follow you all the days of my life and life in your house forever. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment