Sunday, July 3, 2011

Trust in God

Yet you brought me safely from my mother's womb and led me to trust you when I was a nursing infant. I was thrust upon you at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born. Psalm 22: 9-10 NLT

I am adopted. I am constantly thankful that my birth mother never decided to have an abortion. I am also very aware of God's presence with me even in her womb and through the foster care period until my parents adopted me. I had something called "failure to thrive" which I believe was brought on by not having that bond with my mother or a mother in those first couple of months. God made sure that I survived, however. That is how I know God was my God from the moment of conception. I had to trust God at a very early age in my life.

At what point in your own life did you really find yourself trusting God? Do you still trust God?

God, you have brought us safely from our mothers' wombs and have tried to lead us to trust you since then. Some of us have done better with this trust than others. Help us to remember your presence with us since the moment we were born. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment