Friday, August 19, 2011

Confession: Good for the Soul


Oh, what joy for those whose rebellion is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight! Yes, what joy for those whose record the Lord has cleared of sin, whose lives are lived in complete honesty! When I refused to confess my sin, I was weak and miserable, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat. Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone. Psalm 32: 1-5 NLT

Do you feel bad but it isn't because of the summer heat? Are you weak and miserable? Do you find the hand of God's discipline heavy upon you?

Confess. Have an honest talk with God, with a trusted friend, or with your pastor.

Joy is not found because we are sinless. Joy is found when we honestly and completely confess to God all our sins, transgressions and trespasses. Joy is found when God forgives us and removes all our guilt. Our sin is put out of sight, our record is clean. We live in complete honesty rather than lies.

God, I confess my sins to you. Not the superficial stuff but the real deep sins that I carry in my heart.

Forgive me, Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment