Thursday, August 18, 2011

Courage and Strength


Praise the Lord, for he has shown me his unfailing love. He kept me safe when my city was under attack. In sudden fear I had cried out, “I have been cut off from the Lord!” But you heard my cry for mercy and answered my call for help. Love the Lord, all you faithful ones! For the Lord protects those who are loyal to him, but he harshly punishes all who are arrogant. So be strong and take courage, all you who put your hope in the Lord! Psalm 31: 21-24 NLT

Where in your life do you need to be strong?

What would it take for you to act with strength?

What kind of courage do you need this every day?

What has been your biggest fear this week?

Do you want to be strong and filled with courage? Do you trust in God, I mean really trust in God? Is your hope firmly in God or are you hoping in the upcoming elections or your monthly check?

Even when we think God has abandoned us and we cry to God in our helplessness, God provides the help we need.

God, we place our faith and hope in your. Give us strength for this day, this week and always. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment