Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Don't drag me away

Don't drag me away with the wicked – with those who do evil – those who speak friendly words to their neighbors while planning evil in their hearts. Give them the punishment they deserve! Measure it out in proportion to their wickedness. Pay them back for all their evil deeds! Give them a taste of what they have done to others. They care nothing for what the Lord has done or for what his hands have made. So he will tear them down like old buildings, and they will never be rebuilt! Psalm 28: 3-5

I want nothing to do with those people!

They are friendly to your face but plan on putting you down at the first opportunity. There is a special place in hell reserved just for them. In fact, they just need the punishment they deserve, right God? Why don't you measure out their punishment in proportion to the hurt they have caused others? They need to be paid back for all the evil they have done, the mean things they have said and the lives they have destroyed. God, you really should give them a taste of what they have done to others. They don't care about you or about what you have done. Tear them down like old buildings so that they will never be rebuilt!

Sorry, God, I got a bit carried away. I know, I know, you are the one who is slow to anger and quick to forgive. I tell you what, I will ask for help when I need it but I will let you decide on the punishment or the grace. I will simply depend on you for my own strength and determination to keep to the narrow path.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment