Monday, August 1, 2011

Don't be silent, God

O Lord, you are my rock of safety. Please help me; don't refuse to answer me. For if you are silent, I might as well give up and die. Listen to my prayer for mercy as I cry out to you for help, as I lift my hands toward your holy sanctuary. Psalm 28: 1-2 NLT

If God is silent, if God does not help me, if God refuses to answer my pleas, I might as well give up. Death would be better than silence from God.

A friend of mine is seeking some discernment from God for a major life change. She keeps praying and listening and seeking. But God has been rather silent. We prayed together. God didn't speak to me, either. She has not given up and is listening instead to her own heart and life experience to guide her.

When in your life has God been silent? How did you cope? Did you give up to despair? If so, how did you recover?

God, you are our rock of safety. When you are silent, we are often driven to despair. Help us not be ones who give up hope but are anchored in your love and mercy. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment