Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wait Patiently

Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. Psalm 27: 14 NLT

Patience is not my strong suit. Is it yours?

I can't stand to wait in line at the checkout counter. I get impatient with service people who are slow or who don't know what they are doing. Don't get me started on my feelings when my nine-year-old hesitates to obey my directions (“Just a second!” is his favorite phrase).

And don't get me started with God. Or maybe you should. I actually have more patience with God than with anyone else. I guess that is because I have seen God answer prayers that took years but the outcome was awesome. God has done the impossible while I have been waiting. God has often done more than I could ever hope or imagine.

We are to be brave and courageous in our patience. And that is probably the best advice. It does take courage and bravery to wait on God and not take matters into our own hands.

God, we wait patiently for you. Increase our bravery and our courage. Yes, we wait patiently for you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment