Saturday, July 30, 2011

Teach me to live

Teach me how to live, O Lord. Lead me along the path of honesty, for my enemies are waiting for me to fall. Do not let me fall into their hands. For they accuse me of things I've never done and breathe out violence against me. Yet I am confident that I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Psalm 27: 11-13 NLT

Are you confident that you will see God's goodness while you are yet alive? I guess the better question is can you hope in that goodness while you are living even in the face of what evil things are done against you?

Many people only hope in the afterlife, in being in God's presence in heaven. The suffering of this world and the evil surrounding them is too much for them. They have lost their hope and the assurance of better things in the here and now.

The psalmist teaches us that God's goodness can be found in the here and now. This is despite of the false accusations against us and the violence surrounding us. God will teach us how to live, not how to die.

God, teach me how to live. Lead me along the path of honesty. I am confident that I will see your goodness while I am here in the land of the living. In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.


Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment