Friday, July 29, 2011

Hold me close

Do not hide yourself from me. Do not reject your servant in anger. You have always been my helper. Don't leave me now; don't abandon me. O God of my salvation! Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27: 9-10

Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will not.

My mother abandoned me. She gave me up for adoption. I have no clue who my father is.

But God never abandoned me. I know that with the same assurance that I am breathing.

I know of several families where the father has left and not seen his children in months or years. I even know of at least one mother who has done the same. But has God abandoned them? No.

No matter how many people you love leave you, God will never abandoned you.

God, do not hide yourself from me! Show me your presence. Help me to know you are with me, that you will never forsake me. Hold me close. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment