Thursday, July 28, 2011

Come and talk with me

Listen to my pleading, O Lord. Be merciful and answer me! My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” Psalm 27:7-8 NLT

Come and talk with me, God says to you.

What does your heart say in response?

I find myself apologizing for not talking more to God. And when I do spend some time talking to God most of the time I find myself rushing through it. I enjoy it but I am also on a schedule.

I also find myself doing most if not all of the talking.

As the psalmist seems to suggest, my heart is in it but my brain is somewhere else.

God, you want is to talk with you. Yet, we make excuses, fill up our time with just about everything else and mostly whine when we do come into your presence. You still want us to talk. Thank you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment