Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Desire of My Heart

What is the one thing that you seek most? What do you delight the most in? What is the main desire of your heart?

Why do you think that is the main desire of your heart? If you received that one desire, how would you act? Would you be different in any way?

Hear what the psalmists' one desire is and how he would act if he received what he sought.


The one thing I ask of the Lord -- the thing I seek most -- is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in his temple. For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock. Then I will hold me head high, above me enemies who surround me. At his Tabernacle I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy, singing and praising the Lord with music. Psalm 27: 4-6 NLT

This is not the dream of a priest (the only one allowed to make sacrifices and be at the Tabernacle) but of a human being who simply loves God. Yet, he asks God for this one thing.

God, you know the one desire of my heart. You know the deep dream I have. With you anything is possible. If you answer the desire of my heart, I know I will be changed. But I believe you have placed this upon my heart for a reason and I trust in you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment