Tuesday, July 26, 2011

No Fear

The Lord is my light and my salvation -- so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger -- so why should I tremble? When evil people come to destroy me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will know no fear. Even if they attack me, I remain confident. Psalm 27: 1-3 NLT

Wow. This is supreme trust in God.

Being totally without fear seems impossible most days. But the psalmist says that God is his light and salvation. Even though he is surrounded by enemies, he does not fear them. Instead, he depends on God to cause them to stumble and fall. Even if attacked, he will be confident.

I suppose that doesn't mean he will just stand around waiting for God to act. He will be doing some fighting. However, he will do it without fear.

This is the David who fought against Goliath. This is the David who overcame attempted murder and exile. This is the David who not only became king but built up an empire.

God is his light and his salvation.

God, you are our light and our salvation. Help us to feel no fear but to delight in you. May we face all our enemies with confidence and trust. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment