Monday, August 15, 2011

Have you heard the rumors?

Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am in distress. My sight is blurred because of my tears. My body and soul are withering away. I am dying from grief; my years are shortened by sadness. Misery has drained my strength; I am wasting away from within. I am scorned by all my enemies and despised by my neighbors – even my friends are afraid to come near me. When they see me on the street, they turn the other way. I have been ignored as if I were dead, as if I were a broken pot. I have heard the many rumors about me, and I am surrounded by terror. My enemies conspire against me, plotting to take my life. Psalm 31: 9-13 NLT

I have heard the many rumors about me....

I greatly dislike hearing rumors. But I especially despise rumors about myself. Of course, I am usually the last to hear such rumors. I know they are out there. I have never thought about feeling terror because of rumors . However, I have been afraid of losing my job, of being criticized and losing credibility. Those are closely associate with terror. At least they could become terror if I spent too much time worrying about them. And I am good at worrying.

What rumors have you heard about yourself? Would you like to ask God to take away your worry and your terror?

God, take away my worry and my terror. Help me to turn a deaf ear to rumors about me. Help me not to pass along rumors about others. May I be filled with your mercy and strength. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment