Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Your Future


But I am trusting in you, O Lord, saying, “You are my God!” My future is in your hands. Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly. Let your favor shine on your servant. In your unfailing love, save me. Don't let me be disgraced, O Lord, for I call out to you for help. Let the wicked be disgraced; let them lie silent in the grave. May their lying lips be silenced – those proud and arrogant lips that accuse the godly. Psalm 31: 14-18 NLT

Your future is in God's hands.

Does knowing that make you feel cared for or powerless? Do you want more say-so about your future?Or are you content and trusting that God will do the right thing for you?

Please note that this may not mean a worry-free and safe future. Afterall, the psalmist knows that their future is in God's hands even when wicked people accuse them and hunt them down.

The biggest help we can have is to trust God and to proclaim that God is our God. There will be times that we feel in need of rescue. We may have to continually say: “You are my God!” more to convince ourselves that others. We may cry out to God for help. But we can still trust God.

I am trusting in you, O Lord, saying, “You are my God!” My future is in your hands. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment