Friday, August 12, 2011

Pulled up by God


You are my rock and my fortress. For the honor of your name, lead me out of this peril. Pull me from the trap my enemies set for me, for I find protection in you alone. I entrust my spirit into your hand. Rescue me, Lord, for you are a faithful God. Psalm 31: 3-5 NLT

Have you ever fallen down or into some hole and needed someone to help you up? There is something powerful in that feeling of reaching up while the other person reaches down then being pulled up onto your feet. You must trust the one who is pulling you up. You are grateful for the other person. The help you receive creates a friendly bond between the two of you. Even if you didn't really need the help, the teamwork expressed in being helped is something you can feel in your heart. Gratefulness and camaraderie are what come to my mind as to what I would feel.

Imagine God reaching down and grasping you by the wrist. You trust God. God pulls you gently but firmly to your feet. You are grateful. You feel somehow closer to God after that. Your trust in God is greater, your gratefulness has increased. God truly has become your rock and your fortress.

God, you are my rock and my fortress. I find protection in you alone. I entrust my spirit into your hand. Rescue me, Lord, for you are a faithful God. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment