Sunday, September 25, 2011

Don't be impatient for God to act!

Don't be impatient for the Lord to act! Travel steadily along his path. He will honor you, giving you the land. You will see the wicked destroyed. I myself have seen it happen – proud and evil people thriving like mighty trees. But when I looked again, they were gone! Though I searched for them, I could not find them! Psalm 37: 34-36 NLT

Have you ever been impatient for the Lord to act? What were you waiting for? How long did it take for God to act? Had you given up by that point?

I prayed to meet my birth mother for years. Then I discovered that she was most likely deceased. My next prayer was to meet her family. I prayed for 2 ½ years. I had almost given up when I was befriended by her brother on Facebook. I was impatient for the Lord to act. God had God's own timing and it was perfect: last year I got to meet my three half-sisters and their families. And I also got to officiate at my middle sister's wedding!

What have you been praying about for a long time? Are you tired of waiting? Don't give up! Travel steadily on his path, continuing your prayers. God is with you and will answer you in God's good time.

God, I lift up to you this prayer request: ________________________________. You know I am becoming impatient. But I will be traveling steadily on you path, waiting for your answer and knowing that it will be good. Wickedness will not overcome your answer. In Jesus' name. Amen.


Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment