Monday, September 26, 2011

Your Future

Look at those who are honest and good, for a wonderful future lies before those who love peace. But the wicked will be destroyed; they have no future. The Lord saves the godly; he is their fortress in times of trouble. The Lord helps them, rescuing them from the wicked. He saves them, and they find shelter in him. Psalm 37: 37-40 NLT

What does your future look like?

The psalmist promises that a wonderful future lies before those who love peace.

Do you love peace?

I am not speaking just of absence of war. I am talking about personal peace. In your home. At work. Where you volunteer. At your child's or grandchildren's school. In your neighborhood. In your town.

Do you love peace in these places? How hard are you working for peace in all these areas?

Begin with yourself. Be at peace with where you are and who you are. Let the anger and perfection go. Hang out in God's castle and feel God's saving grace for your life. Just breathe and be at peace.

God, I am not at peace. I say I want world peace but my own home is a battlefield. My heart is primed for war. I just want to attack everything, beginning with myself. God, I ask for your peace and your protection. Let me allow you to lead me and fight my battles for me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment