Thursday, October 20, 2011

Send out your light and your truth to guide me

O God, take up my cause! Defend me against these ungodly people. Rescue me from these unjust liars. For you are God, my only safe haven. Why have you tossed me aside? Why must I wander around in darkness, oppressed by my enemies? Send out your light and your truth; let them guide me. Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live. There I will go to the altar of God, to God – the source of all my joy. I will praise you with my harp, O God, my God! Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again – my Savior and my God! Psalm 43 NLT

Have you ever felt lost or alone? Has something in your life happened that made you feel like a piece of trash tossed aside? Did you find yourself supporting a lost cause? Were you ridiculed because of your convictions? Have life ever felt like you were wandering around, lost in the dark?

If none of these can be applied to your life, I can almost guarantee they will happen at some point.

We can all ask God to send out God's light and truth. We can let God guide us. We can be led to God's holy mountain, to where God resides. God is the source of true joy and when we are in God's presence we can praise God with song and instruments. God is where we put our hope.

God, send out your light and your truth; let them guide me. Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live. There I will go to the altar of God, to God – the source of all my joy. I will praise you! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment