Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Why have you forsaken me?

“O God my rock,” I cry, “Why have you forsaken me? Why must I wander in darkness, oppressed by my enemies?” Their taunts pierce me like a fatal wound. They scoff, “Where is this God of yours?” Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again – my Savior and my God! Psalm 42: 9-11 NLT

Where is this God of yours?

What proof do you have that God even exists?

How do you know God is working in your life?

Don't you believe in coincidences?

Why can't you give yourself more credit for all you have accomplished?

God has just left you alone. God can't be trusted anymore.

Aren't you angry at God?

Didn't we get rid of God back in the 1960s?

The taunts continue. They pierce you like a fatal wound.

Why are you so sad? Why so discouraged?

Put your hope in God.

God, I praise you. You are my Savior and my God! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment