Monday, November 14, 2011

Giving Thanks to God

“But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.” Psalm 50:23 NLT

I have never thought of giving thanks as keeping with God's path. But I have learned that being appreciative of others helps my relationship with them.

Take my marriage, for example. I have recently discovered how wonderful my spouse is. Only took 18 years. But I am not just thinking my spouse is wonderful but noticing all the great things he does around the house. And telling him thanks. When you thank someone you become less picky about the minor things. You begin to notice more and more great things they are doing. This means you will be doing more thanking.

The same thing is happening to me at church. When I tell someone thanks or send them a thank you note, I notice more and more what they and other people are doing around the church. I am less likely to criticize and more likely to be appreciative.

Giving thanks to God works the same way. We begin to notice more and more what God is doing in our
lives. We stray less and less from God's path. We become more aware of God's own plan for salvation.

God, help me to give you thanks as my greatest sacrifice. May our relationship become stronger as I follow your will for my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment