Sunday, November 13, 2011

Can you ignore God?

Repent, all of you who ignore me, or I will tear you apart, and no one will help you. Psalm 50: 22 NLT

Can you ignore God?

I know I have done it. Just as I learned to ignore my parents on occasion while a teen/college aged. Sometimes I know what God wants me to do. And I do the opposite or don't pay God any attention.

Now my reasons are varied and some of them are quite legitimate. Sometimes I am scared (lack of trusting God), sometimes I am busy (making my own schedule and not following God's plans), while other times I am not trained/capable/prepared (God will provide a way). Obviously, I am ignoring God while straying from God. Perhaps I know I have strayed in some way and hope by tuning God out that things will work out.

Sometimes they end in disaster. And no one will help me.

But God wants us to repent. That is the focus of this verse. Repent now and stop ignoring God.

God, I repent of my wickedness and give you my full attention. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment