Tuesday, November 8, 2011

God will redeem my life

Like sheep, they are led to the grave, where death will be their shepherd. In the morning the godly will rule over them. Their bodies will rot in the grave, far from their grand estates. But as for me, God will redeem my life. He will snatch me from the power of death. Psalm 49: 14-15 NLT

But as for me, God will redeem my life.

Not power.

Not fame.

Not wealth.

Not success or prestige.

God.

God redeems us.

God snatches us from the power of death through the sacrifice and resurrection of his own son, Jesus.

Grand estates don't matter in the big picture.

God matters in the big picture.

God, thank you for redeeming me. Help me to stop being jealous of those who have tremendous wealth and help me to appreciate what you have given me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment