Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Confident Heart

My heart is confident in you, O God; no wonder I can sing your praises! Wake up, O my soul! Wake up, O harp and lyre! I will waken the dawn with my song. I will thank you, Lord, in front of all the people. I will sing your praises among the nations. For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens. Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens. May your glory shine over all the earth. Psalm 57: 7-11 NLT

How can you sing praises in the midst of the storms of your life? What would make it possible for you to praise God when it seems like you should be suing the pants off somebody? When in your life have you been so confident in God that you are not afraid to get up in front of a crowd in order to give God the praise and glory?

The palmist is able to do all that and more. This is because his heart is confident in God. When can say we trust in God. We can understand what that means. But until are hearts are confident in God, until our inner most being is trusting God, all this praising may be beyond our capability.

God, change my heart so that I have deep and inner confidence in you. Wake my soul to sing to you. May I praise you in front of my church, in plain sight of all the world. For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens and your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment