Wednesday, December 21, 2011

God's Promises for Your Struggles

Use your strong arm to save us, and rescue your beloved people. God has promised this by his holiness: “I will divide up Shechem with joy. I will measure out the valley of Succoth. Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine. Ephraim will produce my warriors, and Judah will produce my kings. Moab will become my lowly servant, and Edom will be my slave. I will shout in triumph over the Philistines.” Psalm 60: 5-8 NLT

The psalmist reminds us of God's claims today. When asking God for help and rescue, the psalmist remembers God's promises for God's people as well as the enemies of God's people. God claims Shechem, Succoth, Gilead, Manasseh, Ephraim and Judah. Moab, Edom and Philistine will be under God's control and mastery. All of this is possible because of who God is, because of God's holiness.

Where do you need God's help? Are you asking for rescue today? What promises of God can you claim in answer to your needs?

I need help in feeling guilty for not doing more – more visiting, more time spent with friends, more time spent writing, more time doing the important tasks. Yet, what does God truly ask of me? The promises that come to mind are to walk humbly, to seek God, and to be with God.

May God help you see what promises shed light on your struggles this day. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment