Friday, December 16, 2011

Rescue Me from my Plight!

Rescue me from my enemies, O God. Protect me from those who have come to destroy me. Rescue me from these criminals; save me from these murderers. They have set an ambush for me. Fierce enemies are out there waiting, though I have done them no wrong, O Lord. Despite my innocence, they prepare to kill me. Rise up and help me! Look on my plight! O Lord, God Almighty, the God of Israel, rise up to punish hostile nations. Show no mercy to wicked traitors. Psalm 59: 1-5 NLT

This sounds like a prayer from the bush after a heated battle. Perhaps from a boy or young girl who have had nothing to do with the fighting and cannot protect themselves. Yet, the enemy will come and kill them regardless. The prayer is desperate: where is God, does God not see the trouble they are in? God, they need your help!

This sounds like a prayer of someone going through divorce. And the spouse, who has broken their own vows of trust, is being truly vindictive. The innocent spouse is now the victim. Does God not hear their anger and frustration? Where is God in the courtroom and during the visitation days?

This sounds like a prayer of someone like you. In your situation, where is the enemy, who is the enemy? Do you see your self as falling into an ambush? Do you need God to rise up and help you?

Let's pray:

God, rise up and help me. Know my innocence. Know that I have done nothing wrong to those who are trying to hurt me. Look at my plight, O Lord! Rise up and help me! In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment