Sunday, December 25, 2011

Waiting Quietly Before God

Merry Christmas! 

I wait quietly before God, for my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. Psalm 62: 1-2 NLT

How often do I wait quietly before God?

Well, I would like to say on a daily basis. I do have a morning devotional, after all.

But the truth of the matter is I am not that quiet. Between taking care of the antsy dog (wanting me to play), the begging cats (wanting me to brush them), listening to Pray As You Go, reading my own one minute devotional, saying good morning to my family and praying for my family and my Compassion International child I would say I do not really spend quiet time with God.

I am certainly not waiting on God. After all, I have things to do and people to see. I have got to keep myself on a schedule! Who has time to wait on God, especially in silence?

However, my salvation come from God. God alone is my rock and my salvation. God will never be shaken.

How often do you wait quietly before God?

God, help me to wait quietly before you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment