Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Are you a liar?

But the king will rejoice in God. All who trust in him will praise him, while liars will be silenced. Psalm 63: 11 NLT

If you trust in God, you will be able to use your voice in praising God. If you say you trust God but don't really, you will be silenced. Perhaps it will be a final silence or maybe a temporary one. The point is to rejoice in God not just say you rejoice in God.

Sometimes I know I haven't been as close to God as I should. Sometimes I can talk the talk but find my walking to be a bit shaky. It is easy for me to express myself in words. Actions are harder. I don't think I could be considered a liar but I sometimes come awfully close.

How honest are you with your own relationship with God right now? Are you doing as well with God as you claim? Or would someone – like God – call you a liar? Are you in danger of being silenced.
God, we don't want to be liars but followers. We don't want to be silenced but rejoice. Help us, please. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment