Monday, January 9, 2012

Following Closely

I follow close behind you; your strong right hand holds me securely. But those plotting to destroy me will come to ruin. They will go down to the depths of the earth. They will die by the sword and become the food of jackals. Psalm 63: 8-10 NLT

For some reason these verses remind me of battle scenes in a movie. The hero is closely following someone else who can protect them while all around are shots and explosions. It doesn't look like either the hero or the person they are following are going to make it but somehow they do, even when the bad guys on their tail are killed.

Have you ever thought that following God is like that? You are in a great chase scene and your only hope is to follow so closely behind God that God's right hand is holding you securely. Those who are trying to get you will be destroyed. You will be safe, however.

Are you following closely enough behind God to be holding God's right hand?

God, help me to follow you so closely that your right hand will always keep me secure. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment