Friday, January 6, 2012

Longing for God

O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water. Psalm 63: 1 NLT

How hard are you looking for God? Are you earnestly searching? Are you thirsty enough that if you don't have God you will die? Does your entire body yearn for the living God? Do you feel like you are in a desert where only God can provide the water and cool shade you need?

If you are not feeling this passion for finding God, you probably are going to end up with something else. Maybe a warm and fuzzy feeling or a buddy or group to hang out with is what you will have. You might be a member of a church or other community of faith.

But you are not going to find God.

The thing is that God earnestly searches for us. God yearns for you. God wants you so badly but you keep turning to other things. Let's pray that we can yearn for God almost as much as God years for us.

God, you search diligently for me and want me to be in a deep and lasting relationship with you. Help me to have the same kind of desire for you as well. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment