Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pour Out Your Heart

I wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 61: 5-8 NLT

What is on your heart this day?

Have you told God all about it? Or are you afraid to bother God? Perhaps you feel like God is tired of hearing the same old things. Have you really unburdened your heart to God or are you still holding back, just giving what you think God wants to hear from you?

The psalmist tells us to pour out our hearts to God – that means give God everything. Empty your heart to God with all you have. Trust God. Make sure you hold nothing back! It is like taking a bottle of soda and emptying every last drop. Nothing should be left when you pour out your heart to the Lord!

Take some truly quiet time today to spend with God. Empty out all that is on your heart and in your mind to him. He wants your whole heart.

Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment