Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Nobody knows the troubles I've seen

You know of my shame, scorn and disgrace. You see all that my enemies are doing. Their insults have broken my heart, and I am in despair. If only one person would show some pity; if only one would turn and comfort me. But instead, they give me poison for food; they offer me sour wine for my thirst. Psalm 69: 19 -21 NLT

Sometimes it seems like nobody cares for us at all. Only God knows what we are going through, yet what we really want is some human sympathy. When people have broken our heart, we need other people to help us to heal and live through it.

Think about a time when others seems to have broken your heart. What insults did they throw your way? What poison did they feed you? Did no one show pity or even empathy with your plight? Did you pray to God? What did you pray for, exactly?

As we shall see, this psalm become quite bitter and bloodthirsty. I would imagine that those surrounding the psalmist were causing deep and lasting hurt.

God, sometimes it seems as though no one is for me. Only you are with me. But I don't always feel your presence. I seem to keep praying but my prayers go unanswered. I just want someone to understand what I am going through, to see the situation through my eyes. Help me, Lord, help me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims  

No comments:

Post a Comment