Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Free me!

Answer my prayers, O Lord, for your unfailing love is wonderful. Take care of me, for your mercy is so plentiful. Don't hide from your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in deep trouble! Come and redeem me; free me from my enemies. Psalm 69: 16-18 NLT

There seems to be a theme of freedom in Psalm 69. If you get a chance this week, take some time to read the whole psalm in one sitting. The idea of freedom or loss of freedom come up again and again.

How would you define being free from your enemies? Free from bills or constant credit bureau calls? Free from having to work? Free from worrying about your kids or grandkids? Free from pain in your body?

I would like to be free from fear and worry. Often my worries morph into fears. I try to change them into prayers but they sneak back again in other ways. I really, really try to give them up but they seem to be constant.

But God's unfailing love is wonderful! God's mercy is plentiful! God will take care of me, even when I am in deep trouble. God will come and redeem me and free me from my enemies – even if they are my worries.

God, free us from whatever or whoever our enemies are today. We pray for this freedom in Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment