Saturday, February 11, 2012

Praising God for the Future

Praise him, O heaven and earth, the seas and all that move in them. For God will save Jerusalem and rebuild the towns of Judah. His people will live there and settle in their own land. The descendants of those who obey him will inherit the land, and those who love him will live there in safety. Psalm 69: 34-36 NLT

What future happenings can you praise God for? Or are you still praising God for things that happened last week or even a few moments ago? Is it possible to thank God and give God glory for things that have not yet occurred?

What do you think God will do for you in your immediate future?

I guess I know of things that I want to happen. However, all that I am assured of is that God will provide. God knows what is best and I will follow him, no matter what that means. I am assured because I have seen it happen in the not so distant past. All I can do is trust God. And when I am truly trusting God, I can truly praise him.

God, I praise you and give you the glory for things you have not yet done in my life and in the world. May all the world give you praise and glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment