Friday, February 10, 2012

Really Pleasing God

Then I will praise God's name with singing, and I will honor him with thanksgiving. For this will please the Lord more than sacrificing cattle, more than presenting a bull with its horns and hooves. The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged. For the Lord hears the cries of the needy; he does not despise his imprisoned people. Psalm 69: 30-33 NLT

What do you think you could do that would really please God? I mean really please God.

The psalmist says that God is more pleased with ardent praise than in carrying large offerings to the sanctuary. In other words, God wants our hearts more than our stuff.

Where in your life have you kept your heart distant from God? How have you used your “offerings” as a replacement of your true self and an abiding relationship with your Creator?

What can you do to change that?

God, I will praise your name with singing and honor you with thanksgiving. I will turn my heart to you and sacrifice my praise. I will offer to you all that I am and honor you in the process. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment