Tuesday, February 14, 2012

With me even before I was born

O Lord, you alone are my hope. I've trusted you, O Lord, from childhoold. Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother's womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you! Psalm 71: 5-6 NLT

No wonder I am always praising you – you have been a part of my life even from before I was born!

These verses speak to my life. I was put up for adoption as an infant. I now know part of my story and understand the human whys. But as I look back on those events, I can clearly see the hand of God in all that transpired. In fact, I see God at work before I took my first breath. I see God keeping me safe from abortion. I see God directing my blood grandmother and my blood mother. I see God directing the state agency that set up the adoption proceedings. I see God in that hospital when I was born, there in the room when my blood mother held me for the first and last time.

No wonder I am always praising God – God has been a part of my life even from before I was born!

Maybe your story is not like mine. But I know you have a story about God in your life before you were born as well.

God, I praise you for being with me even before I was born. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment