Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ah-Ha!

Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant-- I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you. Yet still I belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Psalm 73: 21-26 NLT

This is an ah-ha moment.

This is when you realize something about yourself that has been glaringly obvious to everyone else but you have simply overlooked it. This is when you realize who you really are deep down. This is when you see yourself as God sees you.

It can be an ugly moment. We may not look as good as we thought we did. Our makeup or stylish clothes may not cover up our true nature as much as we would like. Or perhaps we have done too good of a job in masking our true selves and have quite a time trying to recognize ourselves.

Even then we are precious in God's sight. We still belong to God, God holds our hand, God gives us advice and God leads us to a glorious future.

May we dig deeper and may we desire nothing but God.
God, whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but you remain the strength of my heart; you are mine forever. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment