Friday, March 9, 2012

Power for the Godly

But as for me, I will always proclaim what God has done; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob. For God says, “I will break the strength of the wicked, but I will increase the power of the godly.” Psalm 75: 9-10 NLT

The psalmist is clear in that fact that the godly do not judge. They leave that up to God. In fact, the godly are too busy focusing on God to be judging. God's deeds are being proclaimed by the godly.

The godly are praising God rather than criticizing others. Their reward is an increase of power. I don't think this means political or financial power. I think this means spiritual power.

When the wicked raise a defiant fist against God or when the proud boast of their deeds, their spiritual power is sucked out of them. As Jesus might have said, they have received their own reward. They become depleted.

When the godly spend their time praising God and telling about God's deeds, they are refreshed and renewed. They find vital energy when it seemed like there was no more to be had. This is a gift – and a reward-- from God.

God, may I always spend more time praising you than putting others down. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment