Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Where is God

You don't let me sleep. I am too distressed to pray! I think of the good old days, long since ended, when my nights were filled with joyful songs. I search my soul and ponder the difference now. Has the Lord rejected me forever? Will he never again be kind to me? Is his unfailing love gone forever? Have his promises permanently failed? Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has he slammed the door on his compassion? Psalm 77: 4-9 NLT

Have you ever been too distressed to pray? I certainly have! In fact,when I look at my prayer life I am often amazed at the times when I don't pray – even when I have seen the power of answered prayer in my life time and again. It is certainly easier to dwell on those times rather than focus on what needs I must bring to the Lord now. I get caught up in worry and then my stress level goes up even more. I don't ask but dwell.

Then I wonder where God has gone. Where is his unfailing love? Where are his promises? Where is the graciousness of God? What happened to God's compassion?

Perhaps I need to return to singing God's praises. Even thought the prayers have not been answered, I can rest assured that God does have an answer and I can give praises for them. I dont' have to wait until all the prayers are heard. I can praise God now.

God, I praise you for all the answers you have for my prayers – even for those that will remain unanswered for purposes only you know. You love me with an unfailing love, showing compassion andgrace. I thank you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment