Sunday, April 29, 2012

Entering the Sanctuary


How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Heaven's Armies. I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God. Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow builds her nest and raises her young at a place near your altar, O Lord of Heaven's Armies, my King and my God! Psalm 84: 1-3 NLT

This sounds like a prayer of someone who is not allowed into God's temple. In my imagination, this is a woman's prayer. She cannot go into the Holy sight and that is where her longing comes from. She admires and is perhaps a bit jealous of the sparrow who finds a home near God's altar. Even with her distance from God's place, she remains shouting joyfully to God with her whole being. Despite her removal from God's side, she is worshipping God Most High.

You and I can enter God's sanctuary at any time. Where is our desire to be there? How much do we long to enter God's courts? How often are we singing, shouting and proclaiming God's glory wherever we are?

With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to you, the living God. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment