Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Forgive me

Help us, O God of our salvation! Help us for the glory of your name. Save us and forgive our sins for the honor of your name. Psalm 79: 9 NLT

Instead of asking that God saves them for their sakes, the psalmist asks that God save them for God's sake. Save them from death and forgive their sins. Don't hold what they have done in the past against them. Give them life and give it abundantly!

What sins are you guilty of? Don't like to think about them, do you?

If you were truly repentant, what reason would you give for God to forgive you? Would you say, God forgive me for the simple honor and glory of our name? Or would you say, God forgive me and I will be a better Christian, a better spouse, a better parent, etc.?

God wants to forgive you – no matter your reasoning.

God, help me! Help me for the glory of your name. Forgive my sins. I lift them up to you and confess each one. I want to be closer to you each day. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment