Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Meeting your Needs

Pour out your wrath on the nations that refuse to acknowledge you – on kingdoms that do not call upon your name. For they have devoured your people Israel, making the land a desolate wilderness. Do not hold us guilty for the sins of our ancestors! Let your compassion quickly meet our needs, for we are on the brink of despair. Psalm 79: 6-8 NLT

Let your compassion quickly meet our needs....

When typing this, I thought of one of the ministries I support called Compassion International. Through this agency, I sponsor a child. This means that I pray for her, pay a monthly fee to insure her education, after school care, food and clothing. I also give gifts on her birthday and at Christmas. And I write to her. It isn't much but it does meet her needs. Through Compassion International, she has a chance to rise above the poverty and neglect that is often found in her country. I am trying to give her the skills and faith she needs to have a productive life.

I'm not removing her from poverty or paying huge sums to make her family rich. I am simply doing a small thing to make sure she has what she needs – including self-confidence and a relationship with God.

Often we ask God for what we want when his compassion is all about what we need. Our needs are far more simple than we realize.

God, let your compassion quickly meet my needs. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment