Friday, April 13, 2012

Oh, that we would listen to God!

“Oh, that my people would listen to me! Oh that Israel would follow me, walking in my paths! How quickly I would then subdue their enemies! How soon my hands would be upon their foes! Those who hate the Lord would cringe before him; they would be doomed forever. But I would feed you with the finest wheat. I would satisfy you with wild honey from the rock.” Psalm 81: 13-16 NLT

We know the cost of not listening to God.

But what happens when we do listen and follow God?

God would quickly subdue our enemies.

God would place God's hands upon our foes.

God would doom those who hated the Lord forever.

God would feed us the finest food.

God would satisfy us with the sweetest of the sweet.


Oh, that we would listen to you, God. Oh that we would follow you. We pray to be those who walk in your path. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment