Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Take a Load Off

I heard an unknown voice say, “Now I will take the load from your shoulders; I will free your hand from their heavy tasks. You cried to me in trouble, and I saved you; I answered out of the thundercloud and tested your faith when there was no water at Meribah.” Psalm 81: 5b-7 NLT

Now I will take the load from your shoulders.

Take a minute right now to picture the load that you are carrying on your shoulders. Visualize it as though it is physically on either side of your neck. Feel the weight it adds to your body. How big is it? Does it have a color? Does your head feel like it is bending down because of this tremendous weight?

Now visualize the hands of God. They are reaching down from heaven and lifting that load off of your shoulders. Feel your body release that burden. See it being taken away from you. Don't you feel a hundred pounds lighter? Are you not sitting up taller?

God says that God will free you from your heavy tasks and lift the load from your shoulders.

God, we want to believe that you are lifting the weight from our shoulders. Help our unbelief and our stubbornness. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment